In 2018, oil price hub roared up and once approached the critical point of USD80/bbl. Production cutters, leading by Saudi, repeatedly cut off the output more than the quota, and burst of geopolitical risk also pushed the oil price up. Oil demand is predicted to go up, keeping international oil market on rebounding track. At the same time, coal price has remained relatively stable, and the cost advantage of CTO has gradually increased. In the first half of 2018, China's major CTO plants maintained high operation load and good profitability.
Sinopec, Shenhua and other enterprises are adding CTO business. ASIACHEM study shows that, in addition to the already operated CTO/MTO projects, there are still more than 30 projects underway, with a total ethylene and propylene capacity of nearly 20Mt/a. During the period of 2018-2019, a number of projects including Yan'an Energy Chemicals, Zhong'an United Coal and Chemical Co. Ltd., Luxi Chemical, Jiutai Energy and Ningxia Baofeng, etc will be completed and put into operation.
What is the plan for China's future new projects? What is the impact of the global olefin and polyolefin market evolution on China? How to improve the competitiveness of the project by optimizing operation? What is the direction of technological innovation and high value-added products? what is the competitiveness of innovative olefin production technology routes that use coal (methanol) as the source under the new situation?
10th China Coal to Olefins Conference 2018 will be organized by ASIACHEM on Nov. 21-22 in Anhui. The upcoming event will discuss CTO capacity expanding and trends 2018-2023; Asia & China’s polyolefins market new pattern; CTO plants operation & technological advances; typical CTO projects economics analysis; air separation, gasification, syngas purification technologies update; methanol, MTO & polyolefins catalysts & technological progress; as well as environmental issues.
1. CTO capacity expansion and trends 2018-2023
2. CTO project focus under new oil price
3. Competitive and innovative technology route: coal-based ethanol dehydration to ethylene
4. Comparison of CTO, naphtha cracking, PDH and ethane cracking competitiveness under the new oil price
5. CTO operation optimization and smart factory
6. High value utilization of C4-C6 by-products
7. CTO derivatives planning & high value products market
8. Methanol, MTO & polyolefins catalysts & technologies
9. Air separation, gasification, syngas clean-up technologies
10. Environmental issues & solutions
11. Industrial travel