Ethanol is an important vehicle fuel and chemical feedstock. As a vehicle fuel, ethanol consumption in the United States is more than 40 million t/a; in Brazil is about 18 million t/a. In China, the apparent consumption of gasoline in 2018 was approximately 127 million tons. According to China's currently promoted E10 ethanol gasoline (blending 10% ethanol), fuel ethanol in China has a huge potential market space.
National policies boost the development of the fuel ethanol industry. The national policy plan will promote the use of ethanol gasoline for vehicles nationwide by 2020. In August 2018, the State Council determined the overall layout of the bio-fuel ethanol industry. Accelerate the construction of cassava fuel ethanol project, and carry out industrial demonstration of fuel ethanol production such as straw and steel tail gas as raw material. In addition to the existing 11 pilot provinces, ethanol gasoline will be further promoted in 15 provinces including Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei province. In March 2019, Shanghai announced that it plans to promote the use of ethanol gasoline for vehicles from the fourth quarter of 2019, and achieve citywide coverage by the end of the year. In addition, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Beijing, Zhejiang and other places are expected to carry out pilot promotion in 2019.
China's annual production of fuel ethanol is only 2-3Mt of scale. The main production is from grain to ethanol, supplemented by cassava to ethanol, and a small amount of cellulose to ethanol. There are three long-term competitive processes for the production of fuel ethanol: cellulose hydrolysis and fermentation process, biomass syngas fermentation process, and syngas chemical reaction process. How domestic fuel ethanol technologies get on industrialized express? What are the technologies and application prospects of biomass/ coal /syngas to ethanol?
3rd Fuel Ethanol Technologies and Market Forum 2019 will be held in Ji’nan, Shandong on June 26-27, the upcoming conference to discuss China's fuel ethanol & ethanol gasoline policy and market trends; China's fuel ethanol 2019 new supply and demand pattern; Current status and trends of newly promoted application of ethanol gasoline; Technical progress and commercial application of biomass/coal (syngas) to ethanol; Competitiveness comparison of different raw materials route fuel ethanol; Fuel ethanol environmental issues.
1. China's fuel ethanol policy and market trends
2. The United States, Brazil fuel ethanol market and implication to China
3. Current status and trends of promotion and application of ethanol gasoline in China
4. The latest technologies development of corn, cassava and cellulose to ethanol
5. New fuel ethanol project planning and investment
6. China's new adding fuel ethanol projects and capacity from 2019 to 2020
7. Economic analysis of biomass/coal (syngas) to ethanol projects
8. Introduction to biomass and coal-based fuel ethanol demonstration projects
9. Production, sales, procurement, and deployment of fuel ethanol industry
10. Effect of ethanol gasoline on chemical industry (MTBE, gasoline, methanol etc.)
11. Environmental issues of Biomass/coal (syngas) to fuel ethanol production
12. Industrial visit (fuel ethanol plant)