Degradable plastics can be decomposed into CO2 and water in a short period of time under certain conditions, which is an effective method for dealing with "White Pollution" and "Marine Plastic Pollution". Degradable plastics can be produced either from biological materials or from petrochemical or coal chemical materials. The increasing regulations and restrictions on the use of plastic bags and disposable plastic products in countries around the world have driven the growth in demand for degradable plastics. According to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) survey, at least 67 countries and regions have imposed restrictions on disposable plastic bags.
Degradable plastics mainly based on PLA, PSM, Dibasic acid glycol copolyester (PBS/PBSA/PBAT), PHA, PCL, PGA, PVA and CO2 copolymers, of which PLA, PSM, PBS and PHA currently account for about 90% of the total capacity of the degradable plastics industry. In recent years, Chinese companies have made breakthroughs in the core technologies of degradable plastics production, and the industry has developed rapidly. It has been able to produce all of the above eight types of degradable plastics.
The market of plastic packaging and disposable tableware is huge, and it is the largest application field for degradable plastics; The fully biodegradable agricultural mulch film has been successfully applied in Xinjiang, Yunnan and other places to verify the feasibility of using biodegradable plastics instead of ordinary plastics for agricultural production, China's nearly 300 million mu of agricultural film coverage also provides a huge market for degradable plastics.
In November 2017, the State Administration of Posts, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Science and Technology jointly issued the "Guiding Opinions on Collaboratively Promoting Green Packaging in the Express Delivery Industry", proposing that by 2020, the proportion of degradable green packaging materials will be increased to 50%. In 2018, China's express delivery business totaled 50.5 billion pieces, and it still maintains a fast growth rate. It is expected to exceed 70 billion pieces by 2020. The green conversion of express packaging has brought new opportunities to the degradable plastics industry.
Degradable Plastic Technology and Market Forum 2019 will be held on April 24-25 in Kunming, Yunan, China. The upcoming conference will discuss degradable plastics policy development trends and market opportunities, production technology and cost reduction of eight major degradable plastics - PLA, PSM, Dibasic acid glycol copolyester (PBS/PBSA/PBAT), PHA, PCL, PGA, PVA and CO2 copolymers, diversification of degradable plastic raw materials and expansion of downstream applications, degradation conditions and mechanism of degradable plastics, etc.
1. Degradable plastics policy development trends and market opportunities
2. Production technology and cost reduction of degradable plastics
3. High-value innovative applications of PLA materials
4. Key technology and industrialization of lactide synthesis
5. CO2 to degradable plastic technology and industrial demonstration
6. Degradable agricultural mulch film production technology and application experience
7. Low-cost PHA biodegradable material production technology
8. PGA industrialization process and application prospects
9. Synthesis technology of dibasic acid glycol copolyester and its application
10. Production technology and scale application of PVA and PCL
11. Degradation conditions and mechanism of degradable plastics
12. Development and application of seawater degradable materials