---- The drivers of MTO & High value downstream
In 2017, the price of methanol in China fluctuated at a high level, with the annual average price of CNY2800/t, the highest in nearly 4 years. The increase in industry profits stimulated the operating rate. Annual output was about 45 Mt in 2017, with increase of over 7%. China also imported 8.14Mt methanol. In 2017, the total capacity of 4.1Mt/a new methanol was added. Two sets of large methanol plants put into operation, including Zhongtian Hechuang second line 1.8Mt/a methanol unit and Hualu-Hengsheng 1Mt/a methanol unit.
CTO/MTO is still the main driving force for methanol consumption. ASIACHEM’s <China CTO/MTO Annual Report 2018> shows, it is expected that a total capacity of 25Mt/a olefins will be built by 2021. By then, the total methanol demand for MTO projects in China will reach 21Mt/a. In addition, the emerging downstream of methanol, such as chemicals, clean fuels and hydrogen, will drive the development of methanol industry.
The 9th Methanol & Emerging Derivatives Forum will be held in Fuzhou on May 24-25, 2018. The upcoming event will explore the methanol and emerging derivatives policy and market opportunities; the emerging downstream of methanol consumption; the opportunity for new methanol projects; MTO/MTP projects & feedstock; emerging methanol derivatives markets and technologies; and methanol storage & transportation as well as environmental issues.
● Policies & market trends of methanol & derivatives 2018-2022
● New CTO/MTO projects & coal based Methanol projects planning
● Coastal MTO/MTP projects & methanol supply
● Market prospects of emerging methanol derivatives – MEG/PX/DMMn/ethanol
● Methanol to Hydrogen projects developing & planning
● Methanol Fuels development status & prospect analysis
● New Bright Spot in traditional downstream (Formaldehyde / DME / Acetic Acid)
●“Methanol Economy" & technical practice – CO2 to methanol
● New competition of natural gas & coal based methanol: US/Iran/China
● Storage and environmental protection
● Industrial visits and business visits