Heterojunction(HJT) solar cell has the advantages of high conversion efficiency, simple manufacturing process, silicon wafer thinning application, low temperature coefficient, no LID and PID, and bifacial power generation. HJT cells and modules have achieved large-scale production and shipment. In 2023, Risen has started the mass production of 0BB cells, 90μm ultra-thin cells and low silver content paste (silver dosage≤9mg/W), as well as the development and use of Risen's Hyper-link stress-free cell interconnection technology suitable for 0BB cells. At the end of 2023, Huasun put into operation a total HJT production capacity of nearly 20GW, and technological progress helped the average efficiency of mass production cells reached 25.8%.
In 2024, advanced technologies such as wafers thinning, silver coated copper, copper electroplating, busbar-free metalization, and microcrystalline silicon will help HJT technology improve efficiency and reduce costs as well as low indium processes will continue to be promoted. According to the "China HJT Cell Project Database" by Asiachem Consulting, as of January 2024, the newly constructed and planned HJT cell production capacity in China has exceeded 500GW, bringing huge market opportunities for related technology and equipment suppliers.
Perovskite solar cell is a promising next-generation photovoltaic technology and the efficiency is rapidly improving. In September 2023, Renshine achieved an efficiency of 19.42% on 30cm×40cm perovskite modules. In November, GCL achieved an efficiency of 18.04% on a 2m² single junction perovskite module. The world's first commercial MW-level perovskite ground-mounted photovoltaic project, co-operated by Microquanta and CTG, was successfully connected to the grid. In December, the efficiency of UtmoLight 810.1cm² large-sized perovskite module reached 19.5%. The challenges faced by perovskite technology mainly include further improving the efficiency of commercial sized cells, long-term stability and large-scale manufacturing, as well as improving relevant testing standards and techniques.
Full-perovskite tandem cells and Perovskite/HJT or Perovskite/TOPCon tandem solar cells are expected to promote the cheapest photovoltaic power generation. In June 2023, Longi announced that it achieved a conversion efficiency of 33.5% for silicon-perovskite tandem cell on commercial texture CZ wafers. In October, Tongwei announced that the R&D efficiency of perovskite tandem cells have reached 31.65%. In December, Huasun announced that the 100MW pilot line for HJT/Perovskite tandem cells is planned to be put into operation in 2025.
6th Perovskite, Heterojunction & Tandem Technology Forum 2024 will be held on April 16-18 in Changzhou, Jiangsu, China. The conference will discuss photovoltaic industry outlook and market analysis of HJT, perovskite and tandem cell, silicon wafers thinning, double-sided microcrystals, advanced silver paste, silver coated copper, copper electroplating, and busbar-free to promote the efficiency and the costs reduction of HJT. large-area industrial perovskite and tandem cell material system, manufacturing process and core equipment, perovskite cell conversion efficiency improvement and long-term stability research, HJT, perovskite and tandem module encapsulating technology and materials, etc. This conference will provide ZOOM Global Online Participation and simultaneous interpretation in Chinese and English.
1. Outlook of the photovoltaic industry and market analysis of HJT, perovskite and tandem cells
2. Key technology and equipment of HJT cells: cleaning and texturing, deposition and metallization
3. Structure and manufacturing process of 26%+ mass production efficiency HJT cell
4. Application of double-sided microcrystalline technology in HJT cell
5. Optimization of low-temperature silver paste for HJT cell
6. Silver coated copper, copper electroplating and busbar-free to help HJT cost reduction
7. N-type silicon wafer thinning process for HJT cells
8. HJT module production equipment and encapsulating material solutions
9. Manufacturing process and automation of large-scale industrialized perovskite cell
10. Key technologies of perovskite cell industrialization: film preparation, laser etching and encapsulating
11. Perovskite cell cost reduction path and key equipment selection
12. Perovskite cell material system, interface passivation and defect control
13. Improvement of conversion efficiency and long-term stability of perovskite cells
14. Competitiveness analysis and power generation capacity outlook of full perovskite tandem cell
15. Process of HJT/perovskite tandem cells manufacturing
16. Technical route and supply capacity of perovskite conductive glass
17. Encapsulating technology and materials for perovskite tandem modules
18. HJT, perovskite and tandem cell test standards and test technology
19. R&D and industrialization of flexible perovskite solar cell technology
20. The market potential of HJT, perovskite and tandem cells for BIPV
17:00-20:00 Pre-conference Registration
12:30-14:00 Networking Lunch
12:30-14:00 Networking Lunch
09:00-15:00 On-site Visiting