Alpha olefins are important comonomers for the production of high performance linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE), also important raw material of high-end lubricants, plasticizers, surfactants and other fine chemicals. a-olefins mainly include butene-1, hexene-1, octene-1, decene-1, dodecene-1 and other linear α-olefins (LAO) products. The main production process includes ethylene oligomerization, CTL by-product extraction, mixed C4 separation, and paraffin cracking.
Globally, driven by the growth of plastics, automotive, construction and other industries, the annual growth rate of the LAO market is about 5% from 2010 to 2017. In 2017, the application of LAO in the field of polyolefin comonomers occupied the largest share, reaching 55%. Stimulated by excellent economic benefits and market demand, petrochemical giants, including SHELL, INEOS, Sasol, etc. have added a-olefins investment, and China’s petrochemical and coal chemical companies are actively deploying the industry.
The industrialization process of China's a-olefins products are slow, a-olefins capacity is still insufficient. Actene-1 and decene-1 are heavily dependent on imports. In the process of growing demand for high-end lubricants, and the upgrading of polyolefin industry, the development of a-olefins production technology and downstream utilization is extremely urgent. How the a-olefins market growth space? What are the latest developments in technology and applications? What are the opportunities for both multinationals and national companies to invest in a-olefins?
Alpha Olefins Market & Tech Conference 2018 will be held on Nov. 22-23 in Anhui, China. The conference will discuss the current status and trends of the global and Chinese a-olefins market; a-olefins production technology progress and industrial layout; a-olefins project investment; high-end polyolefin development trend and a-olefins market capacity; poly a-olefins (PAO) key technology development and industrialization; LAO and PAO project investment & economics, etc. The conference will also arrange industrial visits.
1. Global linear a-olefins (LAO) market, technology status & trends
2. International polyolefin pattern changes & a-olefins capacity shifting trend
3. China's polyolefin capacity expansion and a-olefins demand growth trend
4. Progress and innovation in a-olefins production technology (ethylene oligomerization, CTL by-product extraction, etc.)
5. mPAO technology development and industrialization
6. PAO base oil market status and prospects
7. a-olefins projects investment & economics
8. a -olefins upstream and downstream projects layout and supporting construction
9. a -olefins refining application route (surfactant, plasticizer, etc.)
10. Industrial visits
Nov.22, 2018 Thursday
08:30~18:00 Industrial visits
Nov.22, 2018 Thursday
17:00~21:00 Pre- conference Registration
Nov.23, 2018 Friday
12:30~14:00 Networking Lunch